Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

Does God sometimes get depressed and sad?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

God experiences the full range of human emotions including sadness and grief, though he is never described as being depressed.

At the crucifixion, God showed both his anger and grief at the loss of his only begotten Son. The anger was in the earthquake. The whole earth shook. He revealed his sadness and grief by causing three hours of complete darkness in the middle of the day (noon to 3pm).

Read the prophecy

Amos 8:8-10 KJV — >>>Shall not the land tremble for this, and every one mourn that dwelleth therein?<<< and it shall rise up wholly as a flood; and it shall be cast out and drowned, as by the flood of Egypt. And it shall come to pass in that day, saith the Lord GOD, >>>that I will cause the sun to go down at noon, and I will darken the earth in the clear day:<<< And I will turn your feasts into mourning, and all your songs into lamentation; and I will bring up sackcloth upon all loins, and baldness upon every head; >>>>>>>>and I will make it as the mourning of an only son, and the end thereof as a bitter day.<<<<<<<<

Read this article

https://www.gotquestions.org/does-God-have-emotion...

• 1 month ago

Yes, because we are made in God's image and likeness so I reckon God has emotions as He couldn't give them to us unless they came from Him - the fountain of all life could He?  The Holy Spirit can be GRIEVED. (Ephesians 4:30)   Also, there is more JOY in heaven over one sinner that repents than over 99 who need no repentance, so God has joy, and Jesus WEPT when Lazarus died even though He knew He would raise Lazarus from the dead, but His emotions got the better of Him as a human being, just as they do us at times.  There are also many scriptures which state God LAUGHS (Psalm 37:13) etc.

However, I don't believe for a moment that God gets depressed ever - because He is LOVE and depression comes from the devil who oppresses God's people but God is not subject to the Devil in any way.

• Sky
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

A being would have to actually exist first in order to experience emotions.  No existence, no depression or sadness.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Sin causes sufferings. Depression is the effect of sin. God doesn't get depressed, as that is death. The father always has life in himself and never dwindles in quality. He instead has compassion for our suffering. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Kin
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

No, I don't believe that. God is the Light of the Heavens and the Earth and He believes in Himself, He is the One who has faith. Faith and security comes from God and when God owns everything, what is there to be sad about? He is the One who is Most Self-sufficient without needs and all abundance comes from Him. No one has the strength like God has and hope comes from God. God Almighty is the Lord of Power, and the Lord of Sustenance. Why would you assume that? God is the One who is rich and who becomes happy when human beings sincerely worship Him alone. All happiness is in the Hands of God and there are things that make God happy but never depression. Never. He is the Almighty, The Abundant.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I believe God has no human feelings because he's not human

• 1 month ago

I don't know about depressed but yes he has gotten sad before in the Bible. Remember he regretted making mankind once in the Bible. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.