Why would a noncustodial parent need a copy of birth certificate and child support number?

My child's noncustodial parent wants a copy of birth certificate and child support number. He wouldn't tell me why, so I said I have to know and he finally said it's for a form at CSEA. He has multiple kids from different people. What are possible reasons he would use this information for?

He told you, it's for CSEA.  He has to list and prove his dependents.  He has every right to have his child's birth certificate and his case number, nothing sinister.  Of course, you can tell him no and make him go to the registrar's office and court himself to gather the info, but that would be pretty petty if you have copies on hand.

NO.  Do not give this to him...he is likely trying to pull something sinister here.   If he's the non custodial parent, he does not have rights to these documents at all.  He may likely be trying to claim that this child lives with him to get a tax write off or something far worse, but its still not your problem.  If he cannot tell you the truth, do not hand these things over.