If I was a cafeteria worker at a school I would serve spaghetti, salad, fruit cup and milk or pizza, fries, and milk. Is this healthy?

• Jerry

Would I choose that menu? No. I'd choose something with less starch and more non-starchy vegetables. And I wouldn't serve fruits and vegetables at the same meal as that causes stomach upset in a significant number of people. 

how the pre-packaged salad contributes to the meal pattern requirements for ... the Fact Sheets for Healthier School Meals posted 

No you wouldn't the menu is set at state, county or regional levels not by the school and especially not by the cafeteria workers. 

• kswck2

That is the standard school lunch. 

• Goerge

If YOU were serving it, how healthy it is would be up to you as long as it falls within the school's nutritional guidelines. Lettuce, cheese and ranch dressing isn't healthy nor is fruit cocktail in heavy syrup. A Cobb salad could be healthy and a fresh fruit salad cup can be healthier than the canned stuff. 

Pizza, fries and milk is quite obviously NOT healthy. But those fries were made in an air fryer. The pizza was also made with healthier ingredients skipping the greasy piles of pepperoni for another brand. Than again both pizza(the dough) and fries together offer a high carb diet which isn't exactly healthy.