Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 1 month ago

Did your parents pushing you get you nowhere? ?

I heard that pushing your child to hard dosen't work is this true? 

I believe you mean "encouraging your children"  not pushing them ... and it works.  It also works for parents, but encouraging parents requires a different approach.  In some cases encouraging parents is simply done by pointing out one of their peers is doing the same thing.  To the parent it gives them permission to act in the same way knowing others already do.

• edward

My parents pushed me to run for student council before and when i got president i actually enjoyed it.  They tried to make me enroll for university early but i had a very clear plan for my future and a way to get there.  I mean there are things i wouldn’t have done if they hadn’t pushed me to do so but some of the things i wouldn’t have done have been the best times of my life

It honestly depends on how you do and on the kid. My mom gave me more freedom towards high school and I started behaving better in school tbh. I may not have finished college but I’m a hard worker.