Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 1 month ago

Would you be angry if you found out your friend was a gay and had been hiding it from you?

No, I wouldn’t.  

• Fred

I would be disappointed they left it so long before they told me they were gay but not angry.

Not angry, hurt a bit as I would think we are good friends and he can trust me. But obviously not, so I need to look inside why he felt he needed to hide this.

You have no idea how hard it is to be gay get over yourself 

That happened to me with my best friend. I had known him for 10 years and one night he sat me down and said he wanted to tell me something...but he was so scared of being judged that every time he was about to tell me, he stopped himself. He was actually shaking in fear. When he finally told me, my response was “I’ve known for the last 4 years bro, I still love you” 

People can be terrified when coming to terms with their sexuality. They’re afraid of losing people, afraid of what others would think, afraid their sexual preference makes them weird.. I’m sure there is a lot more but you should try to understand your friend, he wasn’t hiding it out of negative feelings towards you or a lack of trust, he did it out of fear

I would be annoyed. I have a guy friend who has rando roommates that he never told u he was looking to have move in or leave or new ones come in....I think they are his romantic interests...everyone who I have ever intro'd him to always asks whats your one gay friend's name again or just refers to him as my gay friend in referencing a story as if it is known he is gay, he has feminine mannerisms, doesnt like guy things, likes girl things, adores girls more like admiration than lustful love interests to be pursued and when he has tried dating girls, he alwayyyyyys ends up in the friends category. No one ever likes him back. Its like he is posing as a straight male and saying things he thinks a straight male would say not knowing he sounds awkward as hell like when he said "oh, man I saw this girl today and her stomach, oh god, she had the sexiest stomach ever." Never heard a guy miss tatas and tail to focus on a stomach region.  I swear he is gay and should just come out of the darn closet.

Not angry. Maybe a little hurt that they didn't confide in me sooner. However everyone comes to terms with their own sexuality in their own time. Maybe he wasn't ready to tell you yet. I'm a firm believer in the fact that you don't -have- to tell everyone your sexuality. Unless you are dating the person, then it really doesn't matter much.

not at all. they owe me nothing. they were not ready or unsure how you would respond. Do you think its easy for someone to come out?

I wouldn’t be mad but I would be sad. 

The reasoning: my friends are very open about our genders and sexualities and most of us are lgbtq+. If they were hiding it from me, I’d feel like I wasn’t good enough to tell. It would also hurt that they didn’t feel like they could trust me

of course not