Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsOther - Electronics · 1 month ago

Why do some baby boomers refuse to get a computer or cell phone?

17 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 week ago

I agree that they don't feel they need it. I have a flip phone. $15.00 a month. My laptops have all been bought on e-bay. Neither me or my girlfriend make less than 50 thousand a year and we have a mortgage and other bills to pay.

• 3 weeks ago

In my area, it seems to be the generation before the boomers that don't have a computer or cell phone, that is, the Silent or Greatest Generation.  Boomers, even the oldest ones, spent the majority of their lives in a world with computers, if only the mainframes of the 60's and 70's.  But their prime years would have been during the  Personal Computer revolution of the 80's, and Internet age of the 90's, if not later.  I'm a boomer, and actually don't personally know of any other boomer without a cell or computer, although I'm sure there are.

• KTJoe
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Many are retired, senior citizens those devices are seen as a waste of money.  

• 1 month ago

Because they don't see the need. Settle down, they aren't doing it to spite you.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Why do we need a cell phone or computer. People hardly contact me.

• 1 month ago

No need for either would be my guess.

• 1 month ago

I don't like them. Having not been trained on them in school, they are basically unknown territory for me. I don't like being frustrated and the tech often seems to be glitchy, then I find myself in an essentially hopeless position. Also, I am just Not interested in electronic tech.

• 1 month ago

They don't “refuse”, they nether want nor need these things. 

• 1 month ago

If it wasn't for my wife, I could live without one... She wants to be able to reach me at any time. When I go to my cabin, I have no signal...she hates it, I love it.

peace and quiet...

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Why have extra expenses if you don't have to?   The money that you spend on that stuff (which you will discard, as soon as it isn't "the latest and the greatest"), is money that I put in the bank.  Anybody can spend money.   That takes no talent.  But not anybody can save money.   

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.