Astronomy essay topics?

I  have a month to do a 5-page essay .Recommend any easy topics that are interesting .Some example my teacher gave me are down below .Which ones are the easiest topics?

Black Holes

The Hubble Space Telescope

The search for Gravity Waves

The Galilean Satellites of Jupiter

The Asteroid Belt

The Kuiper Belt and the Oort Cloud

Extrasolar Planetary Systems

Propulsion in Space

Terraforming

The Atmosphere of Venus

Solar Winds

Solar Prominences

Sunspots

Mercury

Kuiper Belt Objects (KBOs)

Star Birth

Neutron Stars

White Dwarfs and Planetary Nebulae

Edwin Hubble

and the Expanding Universe

Red Giants and their Fates

Cepheid Variable Stars

titan

comets

Apollo Asteroids

Jupiter

Neptune

active galaxies

big bang theory

supernovas

protostars

dark matter

pioneer mission

Cruithne, Earth’s second moon

asteroid belt

Pluto and New Horizons

reflection nebulae

planetary nebulae

globular clusters

open clusters

the very large array (VLA)

the Arecibo radio telescope

SOHO telescope

Johannes Kepler

The Drake Equation

The Miller-Urey experiment

Galileo

The general theory of relativity

Life zones around stars

Europa and Enceladus

Telescope design

Solar telescopes

Telescope eyepiece designs

Spectroscopy

Radio telemetry

Messier objects

Caldwell objects

Ptolemy

Aristotle

gravitational lensing

cosmic background radiation

Steven Hawking

Carl Sagan

Neil Degrasse Tyson

Alex Filippenko

quasars

pulsars

Dobson

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

Why go with the easiest topic (Apollo landings, by a large margin) instead of impressing your professor with something he hasn't read 10,000 times? If you want a good grade you would at least attempt to not bore your professor to death.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

The best topics would be a thing like black holes and events like star birth and death but if you didn´t care about the quality much you could choose one of the planets

• 4 weeks ago

I taught astronomy for 34 years, so I saw a good many term papers, good, very bad, and indifferent.  Do NOT do Galileo--far too overdone to the point of boredom.  Any of the other people should be acceptable, and Tyson is alive if you have the nerve to want to interview him (Dobson is a weirdo jerk, though).  However, the easiest probably would be Jupiter's Galilean moons, since it should be super easy to do five pages on four objects.  Just Galileo's discovering them plus Roemer's use later in the century to determine the speed of light and you have a page done.

• Nyx
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Edwin Hubble (expanding universe), Cepheid variable stars, and Spectroscopy all tie in together.

That would make for a nice essay.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Propulsion in Space

Let's get down to basics

After all it is Newtonian Physics

Attachment image
    Source(s): NEWTON
  • ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You have two choices. The easiest topics for you would be the ones you are most interested in. If you take the assignment as a learning project then select the topics you know least about but want to learn more about them.  As an example Brian May of Queen did his PhD in cosmic dust as he was interested in learning more about the subject. 

Your teacher gave you a list of suggested topics but that doesn't mean you can't choose a completely different topic. The suggested topics are merely a guideline to get you started. No matter which choice you make you'll find it difficult to limit yourself to only a 5 page essay. 

• 1 month ago

It would be wicked to write five pages of total nonsense and see if your teacher knew you just made it all up. I assure you, when it comes to astronomy you would get away with it with most people. After all, what do you think ninety percent of what you read on the subject is.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

The easiest thing for ME to do when asked to evaluate the difficulty of these dozens and dozens of topics is to not even read the list. And, if I feel like I have the time and energy, maybe to also say sod off, lazy bum.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

What a fun list to choose from! A lot of those will take you down some fascinating rabbit-holes. Space probes are a favorite of mine, such as the Pioneer 10 and 11 and Voyager 1 and 2 missions. Those were launched in the 1970s to get a close look at the outer planets... what are they carrying on board? Or, why don't probes sent to Venus last very long?

If a subject catches your eye (or randomly pointed finger) on that list, do a quick search to see if there's something to learn from it. You just might surprise yourself.

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You shouldn't want the "easiest" topics. What you should be looking for is a topic that is most INTERESTING to you personally. After all, you're the one who's going to have to do the work, so you might as well work on something that you like. That's a pretty comprehensive list that your teacher gave you. I'm sure that, if you make the effort, you'll be able to find something there that piques your interest.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.