Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentImmigration · 1 month ago

Is it worth doing high school in England? Will I be bullied for being thin?

I'm from Brazil.

If your parents don't have the right to live and work in England, you will have to attend a fee paying boarding school. So I hope your parents are rich.

And just how many times do you need to ask this question??

You're more likely to be bullied if overweight. 

To study in the UK for senior school or sixth form, you'd be required to attend a fee paying private boarding school. 

• Maxi

The only school you will attending would be a public boarding school and only then if your parents can afford the high fees and you get a student visa

You can't 'do high school' in England because it does not exist.  We have primary and secondary school followed by 6th form (aka college) for the final two years.  Would you be bullied at school for being thin?  No, being thin is normal for a teenager. 

But expect lots of comments about your shape.  For some reason that I have never understood, it is considered bad manners to tell someone they are fat but remarking on how thin they are is ok.  The rule of  'no personal remarks' seems to have disappeared.

Um, no, in fact some designer will probably sign you to a modeling contract. From Jean Shrimpton to Twiggy to Kate Moss to Jodie Kidd, the thinnest models always tend to be British.