Mechanic help bmw 4 series ?

Hello, 

I need some help....please 

A mechanic changed my brake discs and pads on my bmw 420d series (16 plate) and today my tracking is slightly off, I have to slightly turn the wheel right to go In a straight line. This only started since yesterday’s disc and pad replacement. It was driving fine before. 

I went back to the mechanic and he told me that the two are not connected? And that changeing the discs does not affect the tracking/alignment 

what I would like to know is, is he correct? Should I believe him ?

If a brake is dragging it can cause a pull. 

Look at the tread on each tire to make sure all the tires are facing the same direction. Check the pressure that all the tires are inflated equally.

Adjust the parking brake by backing up several times and stopping the car. That should also equalize them.

Still no joy, have the alignment checked. Replacing disks and pads should not affect wheel alignment.

• CB

He is absolutely correct  - he may have swapped front tires left to right that is causing some pull. Have the front end aligned-checked.