Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 month ago

Could I have an iron deficiency?

I’m 19 y female and I don’t really eat red meat and only eat green vegetables once or twice a week. I constantly feel tired and low, I have also noticed that my periods are now only lasting one or two days when they used to be around 5 days long. I’m overweight too (15 stone) and I’m struggling to loose it. I don’t have any of the symptoms like unusual food cravings and dizziness so am unsure weather I could be anemic. Any advise???

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Kurt
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Five years ago I had symptoms of feeling sluggish and weak. After a few days I went to the doctor, got a lab test, and discovered I was super low on iron levels. The doctor recommended taking an iron supplement. It took about 5 or 6 weeks to return to normal iron levels. See a doctor, get that lab test. (ps- red meat is loaded with iron).

• 1 month ago

Besides meat green vegetables are the next best source of iron.  It may be iron deficiency if you are worried someti9ng is wrong I would say see a doctor.

• 1 month ago

yeah, ask your doctor

• 1 month ago

ask your doctor to check your thyroid functionyour ferretin levels(Hiron in Blood) and hemoglobin (Anemia).Best wishes.I dont eat red meat neither and all of this things are out of control in me Since 2007.WIth the replacement like vitamins B12,Hiron, I feel more energetic.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

It is possible. Your diet sounds lacking in iron and folic acid. Dietary deficiencies can hamper weight loss.

There are also a range of metabolic disorders that can cause weight gain and tiredness.

See a doctor if you want a diagnosis.

• 1 month ago

You could. You could also be low in vitamin B and or have a low thyroid.  I'd encourage you to see an MD and get a full blood panel.  

If you are overweight, you'd be wise to adopt a healthy eating plan that includes plenty of vegetables, protein, and some good fats with a lot less sugar and carbs.  Carbs decrease your ability to burn fat, increase your hunger, and can cause low energy.  

• 1 month ago

You could as well as other issues depending on diet and health.  You would need testing.

• 1 month ago

Yes. You need to eat meat daily 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.