Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesPoetry · 1 month ago

Why do poets get barefoot for reciting poetry on stage?

I went to a poetry event in a planetarium, and most of the poets got barefoot before reciting their poetry. I saw how they were taking off their shoes and socks before their turn, and people were mostly looking to the projections, not the poets, so they were not going to see their feet. Why did they get barefoot? Do they get more poetic if their feet are bare? Is the stimulation of the soles inspiring? DO they feel more attractive barefoot? Or what happens?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago
    Favourite answer

It must have had something to do with either the specific venue where the event was held, or with the group of poets involved. This isn't a standard thing to do at a poetry reading, open mic event, or anything like that. 

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Affectation; genius must appear to be eccentric.

• 4 weeks ago

I've never even heard of these barefoot poets, but I guess there is a time and a place for everything and everyone. My guess would be that they might feel more connected to planet Earth, but you don't have to take your shoes off for that.  

• 1 month ago

Better conduction of cosmos through bare hoof.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Expat
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Sounds more like a feeble attempt to appear creative. The best poets wear shoes (and use deodorant). 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.