Is it necessary to smoke in the car on the way home from Church?

My grandmother (70s) usually takes her aunt (my great-grandmother's sister and my great-great aunt) to mass each Saturday afternoon. She in her mid-90s and enjoys going to Church. The problem is my grandmother and her friend, who also goes to mass with them, are heavy smokers and whiskey drinker. They like to smoke in the car, and my aunt has trouble breathing and can't be around smoke. Now she says as much as she loves going to Church, she can't ride with my grandmother and has no other way to get there.  

My grandmother and her friend light up as soon as they get in the car after mass and smoke like chimneys. Sometimes, they even drink whiskey they hide in the glove compartment. I think they are being selfish; there is no reason why they can't smoke outside the car or wait until they get home (the Church is only 5 minutes away from my grandmother's house) I thought once my aunt said that she could go because of the smoke, my grandmother would stop. Instead, she said that it's best that my aunt stop going to mass. Her friend (a slave to fashion) says that my aunt wears clothes from the 1970's, and is embarrassed to be seen with her in Church? I think my grandmother is being selfish and is not handling this situation well. Am I correct? Is my grandmother being selfish to my aunt or am I mistaken? Usually once they drop her off, they go right to the casino so they could smoke on the way there?

Its their car, they will do what they want. If they do not care about you Aunt, then your Aunt needs to find a new way to get to church.

I think it's her car, her driving, her life and her rules. If it bothers you so much, start taking the other lady to church. Or contact the church to see if they have a member who gives people rides to church. They might. I don't see why your grandmother need give up what she enjoys in order to please someone else. Since this is important to you, how about you solve it? 

maybe you can try and find her a ride with someone else