Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 month ago

back in the days we had napster, kazaa, eDonkey, limewire and uTorrent to get hold of bluray and dvd movies ?

While I use to always rent mine, from blockbuster videos,  1 in 10 times I'd be naughty and download a movie to save me the hassle of having to go out and rent it etc.

then fast forward to around 2013 I finally began to use netflix until i cancelled my account back in 2016.

How do people get hold of movies without using streaming services these days I wonder ?

• Kyle

limewire was my go to in the early 2000s.  i didn't use kazaa as much.  downloaded some adult videos too.  lol.  before all the adult sites became free like they are today.

i downloaded more music though back then than i did movies and would burn my own cds.  late 90s early 2000s seemed like easier times back then.  

• Goerge

With ~3,000 movies and counting I can't fathom how people can afford buying all of their movies. I've been purchasing them for years but at discounted prices and not when the movie was just released. Consider Mulan and its $30 price tag on top of Disney's streaming service price of $6.99. 

Mulan became available on Disney Plus on Sept. 4. Disney has said that this so-called "premier access" offer to watch Mulan on Disney Plus for an extra fee will last until Nov. 2. People who purchase access to Mulan before Nov. 2 can keep watching it as long as they remain an active Disney Plus customer.

In other words, they don't even get to keep the movie unless they keep paying $6.99 after they pay $30 for the movie. 

How? Idk. 

Thanks for sharing. Yahoo rules.