Asexuality?

I like having sex...sometimes. Sometimes I really feel the urge to have sex and sometimes I don't. But I've never been sexually attracted to someone. Ever. I was sexually attracted to my first boyfriend, but it was so so little that it was practically non-existent. I've never looked at a stranger and thought, "Damn, they're hot. I'd sleep with them." 

Is this asexuality? Not that it matters because I personally don't like being labeled, but for a long time I felt like I was broken because I wasn't like everybody else my age (I'm a 22 year old woman). Knowing if this is asexuality would at least make me feel like it's not my fault that I'm not sexually attracted to people. 

Update:

And just to clarify, my boyfriend and I would have sex all the time and I really liked having sex. But to say I was sexually attracted to him, I'd be lying. 

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

How I like employing the matter of sexual magnitude is through a 7-point scale.

At 1, you have no magnitude to your sexual attraction. Purely Asexual.

At 2, 3, you have some magnitude. Asexual, but often self-described as "Grey-Ace" or "Demi-Ace".

At 4, you are normal.

At 5, 6, you have an above-average magnitude to your sexual attraction.

At 7, you are...the most-familiar terms are "Nymphomaniac" or "Sex addict". Sadly our "anti-sex" societal norms deny openness about a hyperactive level of sexual desire, so there's no words I am aware of that are intrinsically more-respectful.

----

NOTE, however, that the use of labels is personal. It's a means to understand oneself, and so if you feel you are a 1 but think "Grey"/"Grey-Ace" is a better label...or if you are a 2 and think that "pure" "Asexual" is most accurate...well, there's no gate-keeper to stop you from being the one that makes sense to you.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

You are not completely asexual but it sounds like you are grey asexual. Grey aces experience sexual attraction rarely and it might not be very strong.

• 4 weeks ago

It sound more like gray sexual. It’s sometimes feeling sexual attraction and/or feeling sexual attraction mildly

• 4 weeks ago

I think that's normal. I mean, are men really that sexy??? No offense to the men but I don't think women have the same style of lust for men as men do for women. It could also be a culturally-taught thing too. I wouldn't look much into it. It's you. Don't make it a label.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.