Phil asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 4 weeks ago

Why was I never issued dog tags while I was in the Air Force back in the mid 70's?

You were and just forgot. I gave them to you personally and you lost them in less than a week. Dufus.

LIAR.... you probably lost them or gave them away.. EVERYONE gets then in THE USA MILITARY basic.. plus you had to have them for inspections as they were USUALLY ASKED to see to make sure you were wearing them. 

'

NOW STOP LYING..

• Daniel

You might not remember getting them, or just never had possession of them.  Except for when I was deployed, my dog tags were in a bag in my mobility folder in my unit deployment manager's file cabinet.  Since there is no reason to have them on a daily basis, the Air Force probably figured it was safer to have them filed rather than hope we remembered where they were tagged to deploy.

It happens.  I was not issued dog tags until I was moved into the Army part of the Canadian military, and I was sent overseas.  I was in almost 5 years by then.

Baloney! Pre-2012(although the program was first put forward in 2007) dog tags were issued with a SS number instead of the DOD number. I joined the USMC in 78' and was issued tags. First we got temp tags in Boot Camp(the first day at reception) and later our official tags. They now are in my shadow box hanging on my den wall.

UNLESS the AF did not issue you them when you went to basic at THAT TIME and you did not complete Basic training.

you need to ask them this question

you need to ask them this question