What is this device?  I know that it is used to touch up furniture. In terms of color, it looks like Ryobi, but this may be a misconception.?

Attachment image

4 Answers

  • 1 month ago
    Favourite answer

    It appears to be a soldering iron with a carriage bolt screwed into the end in place of the tip. I was able to find a soldering station on eBay that looks incredibly similar to what’s pictured. It wouldn’t be used to touch up furniture though, it would be used to remove dents in wood. On an unfinished surface, using an iron and a damp cloth, you can steam out dents. It looks as if that’s what is being done here using a soldering iron to heat only a small area. 

  • 1 month ago

    Whatever it is, I doubt it's used to touch up furniture.  Maybe post a picture of the whole device so people can see it.

  • 1 month ago

    @Alex: screwdriver? Only at first glance, unfortunately.

    When you look at the details, you can see that probably heat may be involved

    Attachment image
  • Alex
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

    Looks to be a screwdriver, swappable bits and the bit looks to be a square bit. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.