Britt asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 month ago

How long does Take Action(morning after pill) side effects last?

I had unprotected sex September 10th. More happened than I wanted to and I didn't realize it until later so I ended up taking the morning after pill like 50 hours after sex on the 12th. 

I started feeling a bit of abdominal pain a couple days later nothing serious, dull pain, then I started cramping on the 17th I thought my period was coming but the cramping stopped only lasted 1 day, still no period. 

I have been moody and today has been the worst moody day EVER! I am just irritated about everything, upset and want to cry at the same time, sleepy, tired, hungry, craving certain foods. I'm trying to be patient. My boobs are so sore today I had to take off my bra. I honestly did not expect the side effects to be this intense and last this long!! 

I have taken the plan b brand before and had no problems. bled a week after taking it but this DAMN TAKE ACTION PILL IS HELL!! Is it normal for the side effects to drag out this long?

How recently did you take Plan B?

All these type of pills are a mega dose of hormones.

Side effects can sometimes last 6 - 12 months.

Side effects are cummulative if another dose is taken within that time.

If you need to take 2 or more doses within 12 months then you need to reconsider your contraceptive plan.

i would ask your doctor or pharmacist about it