Solve the US Covid crisis by December 31st so that daily Covid deaths R less than 5 per day,  economy & schools at 100%. Can you do it?

What is your plan? By December 31st, Your plan should be working so great that even mask wearing will be unnecessary.

I know American politics and government is very polarized.  The goal of the question here is to determine if average ordinary citizens can solve this problem using common sense and the notion that sometimes to achieve a goal you have to sacrifice a bit short term for a longer term benefit.  

Try to think about this without putting your political preferences or allegiances into the thought process....just common sense and decency please. 

Well, this question was intended to go under politics, but since its here its also a business question as Covid affects business.

My plan is to do exactly what many other countries already did to solve it.  New Zealand got to the point that there were 0 cases for over 100 days.  So it can be done.

Will it be done in the U.S. the same way?  Probably not, for political reasons.  But it could be, if everyone was " using common sense and the notion that sometimes to achieve a goal you have to sacrifice a bit short term for a longer term benefit."

wrong category and I don't know. Experts don't either.

Theoretically you could get the COVID deaths down to virtually nothing if you sent secret police door to doo to kill all the elderly and people with poor-health risk factors. They can't die from COVID if they're already dead. And then everyone else in the low-risk pool could just go back to work. Not a good idea, but it meets your qualifications.

Oh, well, I missed the "decency" part.