Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 month ago

I am 35 years old and my father treats me like I don't have a mind of my own and like im a teenager.?

I don't live with him I live by myself and am independent.How should I tell him to stop treating me like this.I feel I can't even have a adult conversation with him cause he acts like a child when I talk to him?

Ignore him and do your own thing. He's not worth it, he will learn through you being your independent self and distancing yourself. He will soon realise his mistake, or he won't and forever be treating your like a child. Don't let it bother you.

Invite your parents over to your house for Thanksgiving dinner. This time it'll be you who is at the head of the table carving the turkey, and your dad will see that you have your life together and are the man of your household. It doesn't have to be Thanksgiving; any night works!