Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 4 weeks ago

What should I do about this toxic coworker ?

I will try to make this as short as possible. I am a para and my lead teacher is pure evil, jealous , and petty. She told  me that  I get pretty privilege and it’s not fair. She’s jealous of me and our student's closer relationship ( I’m with them more) so of coarse their more closer with me.

examples So today I told the students to clean up because they go with me to go to lunch She Said don’t tell them to clean up they have 2 more mins I’m thinking wow 2 mins really 🙄 so I just ignored her. She is always complaining and being negative to the point where I avoid her at all costs. I stay in another room in the morning so I won’t have to hear negativity   in the morning. We are doing virtual learning online well we are suppose to be and she told our boss that she needed my help so I have to be at school with her to help her out with only 2 students. 🙄 I think she made that request on purpose just so I can’t be at home and teach online.  She loves power and control. She‘s the type of person who doesn’t like being alone at home so she’s making me be at work with her  just because she doesn’t want to be at home. She is making my time there a living hell. She even told the boss I was 3 mins late coming back from lunch. I think she’s on a witch hunt trying to get me in trouble or fired. last thing she got the previous para fired by constantly complaining about him so she’s known to be a complainer and a trouble maker. I’m moving in 5 months so how can I handle this till then ? 

talk to your manager about it

People who are feeling confident and secure and have self respect don't feel a need to call people names, criticise, bully, shout, etc.

Bullies want attention, and my general feelings are that if people allow them to get their way through fear (the ultimate emotional reaction) they are succeeding and will continue. One way to combat verbal bullying is not to ignore them completely as this shows that they are getting to you, but demonstrate that you have heard the remark or whatever with a glance, dismissive wave or brief response ("oh yes", or similar) and THEN ignore them. Why should you care what such a pathetic person thinks of you? (Only weak and needy people feel a need to bully). Alternatively, or in addition, try to use some humour (U.K. spellings!). It need not be mocking humour, but some light-hearted banter can often diffuse situations.

Put on an imaginary suit of golden armour, and visualise the unkind remarks (or those you perceive to be unkind - be very careful not to imagine a slight when none is intended) as arrows, harmlessly bouncing off your armour and falling to the ground.

Don't let this person affect your feelings and your life!

• J

Can you request to be reassigned to another classroom? If not, try to ignore her. Just don’t let the kids in on your petty arguments. If she’s not your supervisor, tell her to blow it out her âss next time she gives you a problem. People like that are used to getting their way. They often don’t know what to do when someone actually stands up to them. If she is your supervisor, just suck it up till you move. 

Do you have a lot of savings? Hire someone to remove her from your life