Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 1 month ago

How do I find puppies to buy? ?

I want to buy a puppy so no animal shelter (scared they might be traumatized) I am looking for websites like Craigslist where u can find people selling them around u. Anybody know how to find puppiesm

• Ocimom

Craigslist is not a good place - full of backyard breeders.  If you want a purebred that is properly bred and free from genetic issues you need to research that breed's quality breeders.  And expect to pay a high price for a quality puppy.

Keep in mind to see the puppy in person and the parents (at least the mother).  Have a contract that states the health of temperament  and health of the puppy and guarentee for at least 2 yrs.  Be aware of genetic problems in a particular breed.

If you cannot afford a quality purebred, you will have to take your chances with a shelter or rescue group.  Rescue groups will evaluate the puppies and you stand a better chance of getting a puppy that fits your lifestyle and desires.

I actually got my dog through Craig's list but not that straight forward.  She was one of a litter sold to a "nice couple" that then sold the litter to a dog fight ring.  She was the only survivor.

I VOLUNTEER at a Shelter.  You apparently clueless.  "U" should read ads in "UR" newspaper.

You need to check with your local breeders & Craig's List is just about as good as any other but you are very likely going to be scammed & screwed by a BYBer.

8 week old puppies are not likely to be traumatized, They are just babies.  Some people just dump whole litters at any of the pounds, shelter & rescues. & they are ready to adopt.  It is much cheaper to adopt than it is to buy from a BYBer.  An adopted puppy is Vetted, utd on shots, it gets a chip & a certificate to get it fixed when it is old enough.  You are better off going to a shelter, you want a puppy not an adult that has been abused.  Check the pounds, shelters & rescues in your area.

If you know the breed you want you can google that breed rescue in your state & check with a few that are listed.  'small breed rescues in your state', 'Poodle rescues in your state', 'chihuahua rescue in your state or whatever breed you are looking for.

Figure out what breed you want.   Google the breed club.  Get a breeder referral.

• TB12

Puppies from a back yard breeder are far more likely to be traumatized than puppies rescued from a shelter, and the puppies in the shelter are very likely going to be put down if no one adopts them.

Adopt, don't shop.

go to the local dark alley and pick up a stray

Puppies - if fostered by the shelter folks, are UNLIKELY to be "traumatized".  That is BOGUS and smacks either extreme SNOBBINESS or is due to a total lack of knowledge of actual FACTS.  (Don't pee on my leg and claim it is raining!)   You do not know JACK about anything in life or shelter dogs.  Yes, adult shelter dogs are less certain, as to experiences or possible trauma/abuse.  8 week old puppies are blank slates. 

REAL SIMPLE FIX: Learn how to test and select a happy outgoing puppy.  Plenty of tests ONLINE on how to evaluate a shelter dog.  Craigslist is UNSAFE and does not guarantee you anything - aside from the high likelihood of being ROBBED - if/when you go to make a deal.  Your other option is to learn how to find and locate reputable breeders from the AKC parent clubs referral pages, but be prepared to PAY $$$ and to go on a waiting list.

I got some pit bull terrier and amazing amstaff puppies coming soon. Good strong tough and vicious parents that have good history of killing other animals. I can sell one for a spot. Let me know if you want.