Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOptical · 1 month ago

Nervous about Lasik?

So I am having surgery this Thursday, but I am having second thoughts.

I hear the flap they make for Lasik never truly heals, and the doctor can lift it again even after a few years.

Can you tell me about your personal experience with lasik?

I had mine over twenty years ago. I have had no problems. The doctor can lift the flap for a few months after your surgery if you need to have your results modified. Obviously, you need to not rub your eye after the surgery but those problems are unlikely. A few weeks after my procedure, I woke to find my alarm clock very blurry. I was quite frightened that I had really done something wrong unitl I realized that I had left a glass of water in front of the clock.

That is just not true. I didn't have lasik but I did have cataract surgery on both of my eyes. That is even more invasive than lasik and I didn't have any problems. My wife had the same cataract surgery with no problems.

.

Just relax. It will be fine. 

• Tavy

Nonsense. Friends of mine have had this with great results.

Of course the flap heals, if it did not you would get an infection.