Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 month ago

Is it worth it killing yourself because of being ridiculed?

I feel like Im not normal, Ive been ridiculed in the past, humiliated in front of the class and now im here remembering again, it never leaves me. I feel like that stupid kid again. I wish I could have killed myself then or died as a baby.

I know that it seems exaggerated but Im thinking about killing myself. The idea of people remembering me and laughing is too much, I know they still laugh and remember.

I was picked in alot growing up and it was hard and I developed some anxieties that I didn't see other people having. All of schooling was hard on me emotionally. It made me spend alot of time thinking about stuff and getting interested in alot of different subjects. Now at 30 I see that all of that ousting had created a very unique perspective in me. I have more of the currency of introspection than most, and now find funny the problems all my friends have, because they are so menial. Long story short, my early life created an avenue for making me alot smarter and caring. As most people grow up they lose their uniqueness aswell by giving in to herd mentality. I notice that the people who get "pushed" in whatever way away from society end up becoming higher beings..... poets, philosophers, writers, musicians, leaders. Read about the lives of your favorite idols, you will be surprised.also if you beleive in reincarnation, you could expect for everyone to have gone thru phases or lives of the most unbecoming people...only great failures become great men.

No its dumb to kill yourself about this. I am sorry that this hurt you but people go through far worse than you. Be grateful for all the good things you have in your life like your health, education, food, water, house etc. Maybe take counselling, improve your confidence, take up hobbies, exercise, meditate and try new things. This will make you happier. You need to forgive yourself and everyone around you. Move on now. Let go. No one remembers stuff like that, people are too busy with their life. Trust me.

Do not lose hope. there are beautiful things waiting for you. But you need to get up and get your life moving, make goals and forgive. If you don't step forward, you will remain in the same place.

• Carmen

Hello concerned one the ignorant of people not to show others natural affection didn’t just start unfortunately. I’m sorry this has took a tole on your life because being bullied or put down is no laughing matter to the victim for sure. You ever noticed whoever is doing the bullying or showing off is always in a crowd? What does that tell you? To me it say they are cowards with backup not strong or big enough to do this one one one it also tells me those type of people either have or had low self esteem or were bullied at one time so they haven’t got wise enough or mature enough to grow up yet so they pick on innocent quiet meek like ones who mind their business. Bully’s only still around because more people don’t tell on them or they haven’t been put in their place yet. I don’t know how old you are or your situation as far as family friends someone you can trust who can help you pick up your self esteem again and move pass this negative situation in your life and not let this stifle your future and always remember you did nothing wrong and everyone reaps what they sow eventually. Life has a lot to offer you still find a way to find your joy in life and purpose because you wasn’t born for nothing. Life is a precious gift don’t let anyone take that away from you or make you want to take it away from you. Pray for strength courage endurance peace of mind and a calm heart. Sticks and stones may break your bones but ignorant words if allowed to affect you or immature laughs can’t hurt you unless you let them ignore them and it will make the other person look less mature and that way the fire dies down eventually. You have a right  to be here like everyone else take your place hold your head high and move forward ask for help if needed but don’t give up. 

Nope         .

No one was put on this earth to kill themselves. Stop worrying about other people's approval and become the best person YOU can become. At the end of the day, no one can do better.

Suicide is one of the few mistake you cannot take back or correct or make amends.

I was bullied as a kid.  But I went through school, through college, and through grad school.  When I was done, I had a Ph.D. in a technical field.  I had a string of good, high-paying jobs for over 40 years.  The guy who was my biggest enemy never made it big-time in his career.

Sure, you feel like dirt when you get bullied.  You remember every humiliation.  It burns.  But the best of all possible types of revenge is to succeed in a good career.  Then you can laugh at them.

No, that makes them the winners. You need to be defiant.