Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 4 weeks ago

What kind of dog is this? ?

I've recently found a stray dog. She is okay and now in good condition. Does anyone have a good guess on what breed mix she may be? I know her back hairs stand up when she's mad or scared, so that makes me think ridgeback. 

a hound dog.......................

It is a PURE BREED HEINZ 57

It's a mutt. Definitely what one would call a "pit bull" - a mix of bully breeds.  Have you bothered taking it to a vet to scan it for a chip?  Put a found ad on craigslist? Registered it as found with your local shelter? You can't just keep a dog you found.  I would be extremely pissed if this was my dog and some stranger was holding it hostage like you are.

For the found ad do NOT post a pic.  Just say "Dog found (location and date).  No ID.  Email/call to identify."

mutt         .

I do not see it as an acceptable pure breed.  All I see is the pit in it.  For you to know what all he/she is, is to get a dna test.  These are getting more popular cause people want to know what all is in their dogs.  Doesn't cost a fortune to do & you would know beyond a shadow of doubt just what all is in your dog.

From other answers you now know it is not a Ridgeback & that all canines raise their hackles when scared or mad.  Regardless of breed.

That dog appears to be a Basset Hound puppy. :(

• Ocimom

Bully mix and some kind of hound mix to me.

ALL dogs are capable of raising their hackles when scared or angry.   Your dog isnt a ridgeback

A ridegbacks has a hair pattern that actually grows in the opposite direction along the spine.

Just a generic pit type mutt is what you have

Beagle mixed with something else, maybe a Pit or a Boxer.

Aww she's really cute, seems like a mix between pitbull and golden retriever. 

I'm not sure but she does look like a pit bull.