Where are comments?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    6 days ago

Too many people had opposite opinions. And because of this, Yahoo decided that they should censor people's voices.

• 2 weeks ago

It is very annoying to have Yahoo  news reporting constantly leaning left which is serviced by  New York Times version of the news. Will change to another home page.

• 2 weeks ago

Yahoo likes to feed leftist views without rebuttal. They only portray negative right leaning stories while ignoring all left leaning negative ones. For the ignorant reading these stories the hope is that nothing good from conservatives and nothing bad from liberals. I'm sure this post won't last

• 3 weeks ago

Comments turned into Abuse so because of the Children Using Yahoo they took it away

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

Yea, Yahoo isn't what it used to be. No comments, Articles that mislead and redirect you from the link, forced new mail. Time to look to an alternative from them.

• 3 weeks ago

By preventing comments on Yahoo, they have thrown the baby out with the bathwater!

Anyone with more that half a brain would realise that a lot could be learned from such honest, largely uninhibited commenting.

• Sharon
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Commenting has been removed. They say it is temporary, but it sounds like changes may be coming based on what kind of user feedback they get. Yahoo's announcement on this can be found at the bottom of every article posted:

Our goal is to create a safe and engaging place for users to connect over interests and passions. In order to improve our community experience, we are temporarily suspending article commenting. In the meantime, we welcome your feedback to help us enhance the experience.

Comment survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/TG73D2Y

• SW-6
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

I don't know why they thought it a good idea to eliminate the comments that folks make on other comments, I do know that it wasn't a good idea.  The comments to comments to comments is what made this web site so compelling and a definite go to as you got a chance to see the agreement among people, the sparring among people and the funny among people.  I don't want to go on a rant, but have to say this.  The comments section YA had  gave the people out there who found themselves wrapped up in the climate, feelings and general angst out there these days gave an outlet to voice their opinions, disagreements, etc. when they could comment to the comments they liked or hated.  I am not saying that the YA comments section started or stopped the mess that is out there in our streets, just saying it may have added a little help.  And goodness knows, we can use any help we can get our hands on.  If anyone out there is listening, I for one vote for the comments section(s) to come back.  :)

• 4 weeks ago

"Temporarily" disabled, according to Yahoo.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.