Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkVegetarian & Vegan · 1 month ago

Would KFC have any good vegetarian options?

I know that KFC focuses mainly on chicken. And I heard the fries from KFC apparently aren't suitable for vegetarians. But do they have veggie burgers?

BBQ baked beans, green beans and corn on the cob are vegetarian at KFC. 

The Beyond Chicken Nuggets are vegetarian, but they are fried in the same oil that they fry meat in which would make it inappropriate for vegetarians.

If you eat eggs, you can eat their cole slaw.  

No, it's not a place for vegetarians.

you would have to call YOUR KFC and ask them. Not all franchises sell exactly the same thing.

Would it not be easier to get an accurate answer by calling your nearest branch? I myself haven't been to one for forty years, but the c in the name might be significant......

There are various vegetables including whole, boiled Brussels sprouts which might be far more upsetting than abused animal meat. But a choice if you are going out and don't want to make a fuss is of course cole slaw, fries, mashed potatoes, biscuits, mac and cheese, corn (all on the sides menu). I can't promise they don't fry them in lard or spry marrow on them. I'm also sure they all go in the same fryer with the chicken as well so the strictest vegans probably can't walk through the door but the guy who just doesn't want solid animal flesh and a splash of XYZ is fine, he has options.

An easy KFC veggie meal order is corn, fries and beans.