How does the rule of 6 work for a student house? ?

My house mates are convinced we can have more than 1 person over (there's five of us) as long as we don't "gather" in the same place. I. E three people in one person's room, and the rest of us in our own rooms. I'm not convinced, I thought it was you were only allowed a max of 6 in your house, so we'd only be allowed one person round at a time.. Thoughts? I've scrolled through the gov website and I cannot find anywhere which mentions it in detail.. It's so vague just saying "gatherings" anyone know where I can get a bit more advice with this please? I'd  hate to be doing the wrong thing  

• drip

First read your contract. Your contract should state how many people per bedroom are allowed.  In many places, for renters, you can only have two people per Bedroom, per state law or county regulations. 

Houses and apartments are different sizes and have a different number of bedrooms. Limitations are per bedroom, not per house. 

I don’t know where the heck you came up with six People per house. Chicago has a restriction of six people per party at a restaurant. Illinois has a cap of 50 people per gathering. 

As far as the corona virus is concerned I haven’t of heard of only six people gathering at a home for any state.  

https://www.aarp.org/politics-society/government-e...

• Barry

It's bollocks of course as many families exceed that figure.

• Tavy

Clear this with your Uni. They should know.

• gerald

6 in one place and the house is one place a pub is one place but tou can have more than six because you are forced to be seperate by the house and if you try to cheat you will be reported by the crime police we are recruiting some to patrol but we are only allowed 6 so if you tell us where you are going to commit the crime it will help