Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 4 weeks ago

What is your favorite species of dog?

There is only 1 species of dog::::: Canis lupus familiaris. And there pictured are my favorite  breeds.

My Vlcak (Czechoslovakian Wolfdog) is designated as Canis lupus familiaris. As is My Australian Cattle Dog ( Halls Heeler. ) designated as Canis lupus familiaris   ....(or in English..... Of Wolf´s family )

....Wolf being Canis Lupus himself !

Source(s): Just an ole shepherd and his working dogs.
  • reme_1

Dogs are a species. 

Species?  Dogs are all the same species - 

canis lupus familiaris.  My favourite canine species would be vulpes vulpes - the red fox.

My favourite domestic dog BREED would be the Newfoundland.

Canines are a species all by themselves.  I think you meant to ask which breed of dog would be a favorite.  I do not choose a dog by breed or looks, I want a dog with a certain type of temperament & a certain kind of coat & I would want a female.

To get a good quality dog it would cost several thousand & I don't have that kind of money.  BYBed dogs are a dime a dozen even if they are supposed to be purebreds.  Chocked full of negative traits & many health problems, predisposed to to being just a dog & nothing more.  BYBed Registered Purebreds are just low quality mutts cause of the breeding tactics that the BYBer use.  If you are looking for a quality pet, you'll spend some good money on it.  BYBed dogs are only a few hundred & way over charged, scamming, screwing new pet owners. Lies & deceit sell their pups.

I think you mean which breed of dog is a person's favorite.

I like all dogs from Chihuahuas and Yorkshire Terriers right up to English Mastiffs and Great Danes as well as everything in between. However, I have a fondness in particular for dalmatians (from watching 101 dalmatians when I was a little girl).

quiet ones   .

Stuffed                                .

• Maxi

Dogs are all the same 'species'

Dog IS a species.

Are you trying to ask people what their favorite breed of dog is?

• Marty

Mine are dachshunds.