Dan asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 1 month ago

What are similar girl names to Sage in theme, length and meaning?

Jade

Hazel

Ivy

Wren

Eden

Rose

Tess

• Prince

Thyme is also a monosyllable, as well as being a spice.

• John P

I have never come across Sage as a name for a girl or boy. The word means 'wise'. And is the name of a common herb.

• Kevin

Theme(botanical)

FernAsterCallaAspenDahlia LindenIris

Ivy

Laurel

Myrtle 

Rowan

Saffron 

Willow

Cicely, Ginger, Rue, Cassia.

• edward

Like another herb?  Or did you want another Dragon Warrior class?  Rose Mary is a herb.  My friend has a dog named Basil.  Maybe Bailey?  Or Thyme?  They’re better than Lemongrass and Spearmint.  Dragon Warrior classes would be odd names.  Fighter, Hero, Theif.  

Theme and meaning could be two-fold; "herb" or "prophet". So, for forming meaning, other names could be: Anise, Aralia, Bay, Cicely, Ginger, Laurel, Lavender, Rosemary, Rue, Saffron, Tansy, Hazel. Some names around the prophet-meaning: Aisha, Cassandra, Cybill, Deborah, Fatima, Hannalee, Khadijah, Medina. In terms of length, here are some other four-letter, single syllable names: Brie, Bryn, Cher, Dell, Dove, Elle, Fawn, Faye, Gray, Gwen, Hope, Jade, Jane, Jazz, Jess, Joan, June, Kate/Cate, Lane, Lake, Lark, Wren, Love, Lynx, Maye, Raye, Gaye, Plum, Park, Rain, Ruth, Shay, Skye, Teal, True, Wynn. 

Sage is a plant used as a culinary herb. Then there is the group of Jewish guys whose philosophies people follow, and they call themselves sages, supposedly denoting people who hold wisdom. I will say that reading a book I came across at Half Price Books, there is wisdom mixed with error. I also do not believe nor agree with the belief that burning Sage, wards away evil spirits. I think that is foolishness. I have no beef with the actual name, as the sound of it, I find appealing. Years ago, I baby-sat a little boy named Sage, and my sister was nannying at the time, and the little boy that she was taking care of, was named Sage also. Though, the way he was named Sage was a bit more interesting. The parents allowed the older boy, who was still quite young to name the new baby, and they would honor it. The name that he chose, was Sausage. They decided to compromise with him, and shorten the name to Sage. True story.

So are you looking for names with meanings associated with wisdom, or herbs?

For theme and/or meaning: Juniper, Melody, Summer, Harmony, Rosalie, Lilly, Flora, Fauna, Ruby, Ebony, Aspen, Rain/a, Terra, Willow/Willa. Katrina E also suggested good ones.

Length: Paige, Lana, Rose/a, Claire, Aiden, Jane, Jude, Mary, Mae, Belle, Hera 

• God

Tumble Weed   .