Does poor English connects to poor education?

I don't think so. It could be he or she has a disability problem or don't have a knack 

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago
    Favourite answer

No, the Americans have never been able to speak English Properly

that is why it is called American

• 4 weeks ago

Well, often, yes.  Why?  Because part of the education in English-speaking countries includes teaching English rules and practice.  Thus, either the person with poor English failed to be taught or failed to learn, and both can be considered "poor" education, I suppose.  Lots of people have poor skills in the English language because it is not the language in which they were educated, so I wouldn't blame the lack of skills on lack of education ("poor education").  They may have received an excellent education.  It just did not include English.

And then there are the people with fundamental learning disabilities, for whom the results are not very dependent upon the quality of the education that they had been given.  They just can't do it.  Not a matter of lack of education or poor education, or choosing to refuse to learn.

So while there is a correlation, it is a very weak one.  Some people have poor English skills because they did not receive a good education.  Of course, on the other hand, there are some people with excellent skills who received a poor education.

• 4 weeks ago

The prevalence of poor education reflects on teachers and how society backs them up with regard to using discipline that works, rather than on the student. Without respect, learning is lost to many. Yes, there will always be students with learning difficulties, but teaching is supposed to help them as best it can.

• John P
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Not always but quite often.  Your sentences are good examples of 'not quite good expression', and I assume that comes from lack of insistence by teachers on good forms.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.