What was your reason for getting your tattoo? ?

I got Playboy bunnies tattooed on my arms because I wanted to identify with that lifestyle.  I had dates  couple of girls at one time, and I thought this would show the world my commitment.

It was great the first time I went out to a lake party; My tattoos were out and I was noticed !

Although I remember the next time I was out, I just felt like a random guy who was dumb enough to put these tattoos on permanently.

Just to be different. None of my friends had one. It was a spontaneous decision.

• LM440

I am fascinated that an idea can make its way to paper and then become a permanent part of me.  The concepts of art, commitment and expression are the foundation blocks of tattooing.

I got my first tattoo at the age of 24. It was an unalome tatto. I got it done as i was inspired by the meaning of the tattoo depiction. It related to my life and experiences. Also, It gives out alot about my personality and nature. 

Dont understand why people anseer her when they have no interest. What use is - don't have them, or don't like them. I wouldn't go into the gardening section coz I have no interest in that. Must be desparate for those 2 points. 

I have my tattoos coz I like them. I never got any coz I thought they looked cool or to get any attention etc. And I also have some that I designed myself, so those ones mean something to me. 

I never had a tattoo. I prefer my natural body.

• Fred G

Dumb as a box of rocks.. I know because I did it when I was 17 and drunk.. Now I have this ugly *** stupid thing on my arm... 

the pot leaf- it was a matching tattoo that i got with my ex. it was my first one. I got it because I love weed, duh

the mushrooms- this was a matching tattoo with an ex friend. We wanted something trippy so why not blue mushrooms?

the aliens building the pyramids- i found an image on google and the artist made his own version and i just thought it was pretty because its very colorful

the dollar sign- this was a stick and poke that i did myself, definitely my best work. I did it because I love money

the arrow- another stick and poke I did, I put it on my middle finger because I think it looks cool

the dots- more stick and pokes i did myself just for accessory/to take up space

the smiley face- another stick n poke but on my toe, did it just because i was bored.

the aries symbol- matching tattoo with my cousin because we are both aries

the triangle- the first stick n poke i did on myself. because its my favorite shape

They make you look dumb.

ive never gotten a tatttoo, i dont like them