Kelley asked in Social ScienceSociology · 1 month ago

Do you think that the experts are right when they say that if hostile aliens took over Earth, we'd have to rethink considering marriage?

I was watching National Geographic's When Aliens Attack,and they were saying that if scattered groups survived,if we hoped to repopulate, women would have to sleep with more than one man in the group to be able to bare as many children as possible w/as much genetic diversity as possible.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Zirp
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favourite answer

No they weren't.

Children knowing who their biological father is is necessary to avoid inbreeding

• Willie
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

In our lifetime we'll never have the opportunity to see that happen.

• John P
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

If hostile aliens were to take over the Earth, there are a great many things we would need to rethink.

Since we have had no reliable indications on Earth of any aliens even trying to communicate with us, the scenario is interesting but purely theoretical.

• Bobo
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

No.  How exactly would these "experts" justify homosexuality if the only goal of the human race was to repopulate?  The institution of marriage is good for the human race in that it creates stability and order for the purposes of raising children to maturity.  

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

You sound rather sexually excited at the prospect of your imagination coming true.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I don't concern myself with creatures that don't exist.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.