Why have people become afraid to become a Christian  ?

i mean, a person that is truly Born Again that speaks in tongues.....why hide from God's grace which is so easily given to those that seek it.....Those of us that are filled with God's Holy Spirit can tell you there is nothing in this world taste's like God's Spirit when you drink.......the door is open to all to have the greatest joy and experience where you can only speak in the language of God every time you open your mouth.....and jokingly it stands to reason if you going into Heaven, you do need to speak the language.....I mean people are missing experiencing God's Holy Spirit so strong you cannot stand in it's present as if Christ himself walked into the building.....But it seems people are afraid of Christ and want jump into his arms and receive all that is offered to walk as a Christian.....for in tongues and translation of tongues, in churches all across the world will hear the Lord speak to the congregation.....Hey become a tongue speaking Christian and lets kick the devils butt......

Tongue speaking went the way of 1 Cor. 13.

Your ignorance of truth is apparent 

Yet in the church I had rather speak five words with my understanding, that by my voice I might teach others also, than ten thousand words in an unknown tongue. 

Can you not manage five words of understanding?

Speaking in tongues is not evidence or a requirement for being a Christian.

"Those of us that are filled with God's Holy Spirit can tell you there is nothing in this world taste's like God's Spirit when you drink."

How about staying away from unbiblical thoughts such as that.

"the door is open to all to have the greatest joy and experience where you can only speak in the language of God every time you open your mouth"

Not biblical.

"and jokingly it stands to reason if you going into Heaven, you do need to speak the language"

Again, not a biblical teaching.  You imply that speaking in tongues is a requirement to enter Heaven, which makes it a works based righteousness.

"I mean people are missing experiencing God's Holy Spirit so strong you cannot stand in it's present as if Christ himself walked into the building"

Being a Christian is not based in feelings or experiences but on the truth of God.

"for in tongues and translation of tongues, in churches all across the world will hear the Lord speak to the congregation."

Why focus on this?

"Hey become a tongue speaking Christian and lets kick the devils butt"

Please abandon these false teachings, they are pulling you away from the truth of God.

Before I became Christian my big concern was that I would be expected by other Christians to adopt bigoted, hateful views of others such as LGB people.  I was assured that this was not so. Then I found that the community I was in really didn't like my constant questioning of their prejudice against other faiths, meat-eating, homophobia and so forth, so I left.  What put me and many other people off Christianity is this huge wall of hatefulness some people put up against the world because they think that's what God wants them to do.  Get rid of that and a lot more people would commit to Christ.

You're not speaking in tongues, you're babbling nonsense syllables to feed your ego and make you feel special.  No one is hearing preaching in his own language when you do that.

• Huh?

It is not fear, it is rational thinking. 

"Speaking in tongues" is nonsense. It is a bunch of adults jabbering gibberish and claiming some devine power. It isn't even a made up language that has meaning, only a string of sounds that convey nothing. It is demonstrably proven nonsense. 

You still have not proved sufficient evidence to justify belief in any gods and even less evidence to justify belief in your God. 

It's not that people have BECOME afraid to become Christians - they have ALWAYS been afraid because in the deepest part of our inner hearts, all human beings KNOW THERE IS A GOD AND CREATOR IN HEAVEN, and we know if we don't worship Him, we will be subject to His Judgment and Wrath and eternal punishment in Hell when we die.

Many folks deny that they know, but God has given to every man the measure of faith and He has made Himself very clear in Creation so that we are without excuse. 

Before I was born again and Spirit-filled, I had attended church all my life and loved the Lord in my heart and would have considered myself a Christian, but I really didn't KNOW the Lord so I was not yet born again and therefore, like so many other people, if anyone had asked me "Do you think you will be saved and go to heaven for eternity with Jesus Christ when you die?"  I am sure I would have replied, "I HOPE SO" - which is what all folks say who do NOT know God and who do NOT obey the gospel of Jesus Christ and who do NOT have the assurance of their salvation.

For anyone who doesn't know what that is, it is written in God's Word (the Bible) in 1 John 5:10 - 13  "He who believes in the Son of God has the witness in himself "  -   (that scripture confirms Romans 8: 15 - 17) - to continue  -   "He who does NOT believe God, has made Him a liar because he has not believed the testimony which God has given of His Son.  And THIS IS THE TESTIMONY:  That God has given us eternal life and this life is IN HIS SON.  He who has the Son has life (that's eternal life) - he who does NOT have the Son of God does NOT have (eternal) life.  These things John has written to us who believe in the Name of the Son of God, that we may know that we HAVE ETERNAL LIFE and that we may continue to believe in the Name of the Son of God" (1 John 5: 10 - 13).

All human beings are born spiritually dead you see in trespasses and sins and only Christ can make us alive (Ephesians 2: 1 & 5) so if we reject the only person who can get us saved - Jesus Christ - then we will be lost for all eternity and be cast into outer darkness, for there is no other savior, for Jesus Christ's Name is the only Name under heaven, given amongst men whereby we MUST BE SAVED (Acts 4:12).

We cannot save ourselves or else Jesus died for our sins for nothing.  No, we must go through Jesus Christ to the Father in heaven (John 14:6) and we must reverence God.  That's why Jesus said, "Unless a man is born again, of water & Spirit He cannot SEE  - that means comprehend - (John 3:3) or ENTER God's kingdom (John 3:5)

When I was not yet born again, I remember my friend saying, "Oh here is my Pastor coming, I will introduce you to him" - and because I had that inner knowing that I wasn't a REAL Christian at all, I was AFRAID.  So I do understand what people go through.

The reason for it is, that the Holy Spirit was sent here to convict the world of sin, and when someone who is Spirit-filled, gets near to anyone who isn't yet born again, the Holy Spirit in that person, convicts the unbeliever and we feel fearful of God and His wrath and we feel frightened to become a Christian in case we are punished or we have to give up something we enjoy which we KNOW we shouldn't be doing!

By the way, for those who refuse Christ in this life, when He comes back for the second time, He is coming in flaming fire, taking vengeance on those WHO DO NOT KNOW GOD and on those WHO DO NOT OBEY THE GOSPEL OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST.  AND THESE SHALL BE PUNISHED, with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power ert (2 Thessalonians 1: 8 & 9.

That means we will be thrust in utter darkness.  This world is only light because it has God over it.  In Hell there is no light, only a dim light from the fire & Brimstone which burns continually and the Bible says they will never sleep nor rest day nor night and the eternal torment will be unbearable, and the darkness frightening, so if non-Christians think they are scared now, wait until Hell.  This doesn't compare.

Mr Ellis since you say you have been baptized with the Holy Ghost and was given the gift of "tongues" you should know I Corinthians 12:30 asks "Do all speak with tongues?"

Why are YOU imposing what is a "gift" of God given to those "at His will" (I Corinthians 12:11) on everyone?

It's the same with your belief in (((TWO))) baptisms when Ephesians 4:5 says "one baptism?"

You know John 1:33 says "...the same is (((HE))) which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost" the "one baptism" but you have (((ADDED))) (Proverbs 30:6) another baptism to God's "PERFECT" (Acts 18:26; Psalm 18:30) Holy Spirit baptism (John 1:33).

How are you going to explain that when you "Stand before the judgment seat of Christ" (II Corinthians 5:10)?

"You who are trying to be justified by the Law have been severed from Christ; you have fallen away from grace" (Galatians 5:4) still water baptizing "...believing that Jesus is coming" (Acts 19:4).

There was some fear involved when my family became aware. I think it is just a part of the trip. See, many non-Christians smile when they see a new Christian, because they think they have all the answers. They never have all the answers. A young Christian has to realize that and endure not knowing that much themselves.