SNP asked in PetsFish · 1 month ago

My blue mustard betta turns white for a few minutes and then goes back to normal. What’s wrong?

I’m a first time Betta owner and got him about two weeks ago. I’m checking the ammonia daily and doing 25-50% water changes since the tank is still cycling. I added a background to the tank to help prevent stress from seeing his reflection and he has little hideouts in his tank. I’m doing everything I can and have read about but I can’t find any answer to why he goes white. I’ve caught it twice now, both times in the evening. I keep an eye on him and within a half hour he always gets his color back. He is an active fish, doesn’t show signs of lethargy and it’s not fungal since he doesn’t have white spots. He does tend to hangout by the filter when he’s resting but I know other betta owners said their fish does that too. Is it just stress related? What can I do?

Hi a first time Betta owner and got him about two weeks ago. And hi checking the ammonia daily and doing 25-50% water changes since the tank is still cycling. And hi doing everything I can and have read about but I can’t find any answer to why he goes white. I'm Dad 👨

• kswck2

Sounds like it is stress. Why did you put him in a Non Cycled tank? 

Its a stupid little fighting fish...who cares?

Update: Yahoo answers SUCKS...has for YEARS. This is NOT the forum for this...TRY REDDIT