Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 4 weeks ago

I'm under great amount of stress right now, don't have tranquilizers, have any tips on over the counter stuff to calm down with?

It could be products like Tylenol, tea, supplements, etc., anything you found or any combination of things that worked for you? 

• Aaron

no  matter how stressed  you are  ,you should stop using sedative ,hypnotics ,because these hypnotics and sedative will result in drug dependence  ,what;s more ,you may have trouble falling asleep without these substances ,it may leave you feeling drowsy ,lethargic 

horse tranquilizers and bleach

Valerian extract helps but once you come off it you feel very awful again beware!

Drink plain water (8 cups or more) daily to dilute and excrete harmful chemicals in your body, along with whole body stretching as in yoga. Vigorous exercise or a hobby that helps your body circulate and cleanse your blood will help you feel fulfilled and calm. Such a routine usually makes me feel so calm that I have to search my mind for what to do next. And don't forget to eat right.  

Chamomile tea, take a walk or just pace around your house, pray.  Read the Gospel of John.  Also, look up Philippians 4:6-8. 

Twice or so daily mantra or other types of meditation the best but takes time and more effort than popping something. If you can meditate an hour 2x a day, it would work better than just about anything. Or just 'get into' the stress and use it as a vehicle to boost productivity. And exercise is very very good. Also visualize hitting the Yahoo! Answers user "LAN" over the head with a well- sharpened axe blade. Quite an effective de-stresser in my opinion. 

I need to calm down too. I like mint tea

Boost your vitamin b intake.

There are many herbal teas that also help.

Tranquilizers only mask the symptoms, they are a last resort.

I wouldn't recommend dealing with extreme stress via OTC drugs. There's probably not much that helps reliably, but some people report improvement with valerian root, kava-kava, chamomile, lavender, lemon balm, or St. John's wort.

Others believe these typically offer only a placebo effect--you think you're doing something to relieve your stress, feel good about taking action, and voila, you're less stressed.

It's important that you eat healthy, hydrate adequately, get some light exercise most days, and ensure better sleep by developing good sleep habits, like going to bed and getting up at about the same time daily.

It's better to learn how to manage your stress without chemical aid. Some people find meditation helps enormously, a concentrated effort not to think about yourself. Others find that vigorous exercise relieves it (and they often sleep better, which also helps). Some people benefit most from human contact that's not work-related, or from time spent with animals. Still others find sexual release is the answer.

• people  such  as  yourself  need  to  stay  far  away  as  possible  from  self-medicating.  change  your  lifestyle.