NA asked in Beauty & StyleSkin & BodyTattoos · 1 month ago

Should a mother allow her ten year old daughter to become a tattoo artist on the weekends and holidays?

Should a mother allow her ten year old daughter to become a tattoo artist on the weekends and holidays? This is legal. Her daughter will earn between 50 and 100 thousand dollars a year.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago
    Favourite answer

Yes, if she can get licensed.

• 1 month ago

10-year-olds are not legally old enough to get a job. Don't allow at all.

• 1 month ago

Well, she wouldn’t do it if she didn’t want to, plus she must have a talent for art, and earning good money, why stop her. That would be suppressing her.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

nope. 10 year olds are not legally old enough to get a job.  Let her take art/drawing classes though to help her hone in her skills until she is legally old enough to get the job she wants.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

What are you basing her ability to make 50-100 grand a year on? I find it hard to believe anyone would have a ten year old permanently mark their body. The only way I can imagine clients going to a ten year old artist, is if she was featured on some kind of TV show. Even then, I personally wouldn’t have a ten year old tattoo me. 

Besides that, children need to be children. Go to school, learn responsibilities, hangout with friends. Have fun. You are only young once & it goes by so quickly. She has the rest of her life to work. That doesn’t mean you can’t support her spending time drawing.

Best of luck x

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

when she is older she may earn a lot- also if tattoos are popular years from now..

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I'm sure everyone would just run to a ten year old for a tattoo. You're nuts.

• kelvin
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

sure, why not seeing as how you get too troll on here everyday

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

You're not a parent. And judging by your history, with luck, you never will be.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

That is not legal. Not in these United States, it's not. Number one, every state has licensing requirements that require one to be at least 18 because of the regular exposure to human blood and the inherent risk that exposes a worker to. It's a risk one can only legally assume for oneself, which one cannot do until one is of legal age. It is not a risk a parent can legally assume the risk of on behalf of a minor child as a parent willingly exposing a child to such risk is child endangerment, which is illegal, even a crime. Number two, US child labor laws prohibit 10-year-olds working at all, not even in a family business. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.