What’s wrong with me that no place will hire me?

I’ve been applying for work at all different kinds of places that I know are hiring because they’re advertising. For some reason, I can’t even get to the interview stage. They don’t ever call me Once the application is turned in.

I’m a hard worker. I always do a good job no matter where I’ve worked. I don’t cause drama, I’m dependable, I never caused any problems for the company, etc. I’ve got a friendly attitude. You go into some places and the employees all have these grouchy looks on their faces. But I try to keep a smile on my face.

What am I doing wrong? What’s wrong with me that nobody will hire me? I’m getting desperate here

I’m only applying to jobs that I’m qualified for. And I’m applying to jobs that anybody with half a brain could do, like pizza delivery driver. I’m in my 30s. 

• Alex

When struggling to get an offer, look at where your roadbock is.  Since you're not getting interviews, it's something you're doing wrong in your application.  Either you're applying for jobs you're not qualified for (which you already talked about that, so you're covered here), or there is something on the application itself that is turning them off. 

It could be anything from a typo on your phone number so they can't get a hold of you, asking for too much money, not able/willing to work the shifts needed, unwilling to take a drug screening, have a criminal history, or something wrong with the language you're using (hateful/sarcastic comments, profanity, whatever).  

I'm just guessing at possible problems with your applications, but it's definitely something on that paper that's turning people off from you.  So look very closely at what you're putting down.  If you can't figure out what it is, try to get someone that you know who may be in any sort of management or supervisory role to proof read an application and see if you can get some feedback.

If you still can't figure out what the problem is, hit up temp agencies and talk to recruiters.  Explain your situation and see if they can help you find work.

Good luck!

• Willie

Once you walk in and see the people there make up your mind, if you want to work among them.

It's a difficult time for employers as it is for present and future employees. Have you thought about the army or Navy

Are you a man trying to get a job with misandrist employers who only hire women?  Could be the case.  I know plenty of employers who look at the female applications first before considering name.  If you can shorten your name to a gender neutral one put that instead of your full name.  Put your initials instead of your name and put MX instead of Mr, Miss or Mrs.

Nothing is wrong with you. The U.S. is in an economic depression, and unless you're willing to risk your life by shopping for food and delivering it, there aren't a lot of businesses left that are hiring. The employers who are hiring are offering jobs that are extremely dangerous.

It's because you fuggin suck AND blow.  J/K.  In all seriousness, the economy is really bad with COVID-19 right now and nobody's really hiring.  

Source(s): Okay. Okay. I'm gonna be f'real this time. It's probably because you don't have a college degree. Discovering you still can't get a job? OoOoOoOohhhhh! Got ya again. No really this time...it's probably just because you don't have enough military experience and this is how a government manipulates it's people, folks!

just keep on looking 

If your resume is anything like the question you posted, you're too vague.  You managed to write just over three paragraphs, but you didn't provide any useful information the whole time.

• Tavy

What kind of jobs? Have you any skills they want? How old are you?

Not enough detail.

How could anyone here possibly tell you what you are doing wrong? 

You've given absolutely ZERO details about your qualifications, what kind of jobs you're applying for, what your application materials look like, etc.

We are not clairvoyant.

Ask a trusted adult (with a successful career) to review your application materials and give you feedback.