Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsWeddings · 4 weeks ago

Why was the ring bearer kissing the flower girl seen as a sign of coming prosperity? Was this an old Roman superstition?

Is this a Roman superstition? How did this superstition regarding weddings arise?

• Trish

My first time hearing of it.  I'll take all the Luck and Love I can get.

I never heard of it. The wedding industry never fails to come up with innovative ways to increase its profits, though. There is or was a trend of having a ring bearer and a flower girl who somewhat resemble the groom and bride and dressed exactly like them in the wedding party; a miniature bride and groom.  $$ for tux rentals, bridal salons and photographers to record the experience.

Never heard of it. Sounds like a superstition that developed last Thursday.

Never heard of such a superstition. There were no baby ring bearers and toddler flower girls in ancient weddings, and any superfluous kissing going on wouldn't be part of the wedding.

Never heard of such a thing