Lv 5
. asked in Politics & GovernmentGovernment · 1 month ago

How does Trump hold onto power, if Biden wins the election?

Update:

@ Starrysky That sounds frightening. There has always been free & fair democratic elections from the get go, and no single president in history has tried to control the electoral system and discarded votes he didn't like. The system of voting that has been going on from the beginning must continue. And the traditional transfer of powers have always gone to the winner of the election. This has always been the way.  

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

I really dont think it will happen. American people would go to the White house and throw him out. An overblown idea

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

He doesnt you stupid russian.

• 1 month ago

He doesn't. Trump is playing the media's the POS media. Why didn't Hilliary shut her trap after she lost. Why did Barrack Obama spy on his candidates opponent. Why did the Demorats try and frame and tarnish a good man Kavanaugh WHY? cause he was a conservative. They got people to lie. Did they apologize NO. Did the media Apoligize when they were wrong about Russian Collusion. NO.The Media is the enemy of the people and I don't need Trump to tell me that its there for all to see. CNN and MSNBC broadcasters openly calling for violence in the streets. For what a bunch of thugs killed by police everyone of those idiots chose the wrong path.Lets have reform but don't **** down my leg and tell me it's rainin. All those thugs resisted arrest.If a white person was injected in those shooting you would never hear about it. When an illegal Alien murders an innocent American never hear about it . Whats up with that,.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

He won't.  He already said he will go back to being a billionaire playboy living in the lap of luxury and "you will never see me again". 

The only caveat to that is Trump & Biden are both lawyering up & preparing to  contest the election results should the other candidate win on election night; even if its a landslide. 

That's why filling RBG's seat on the Supreme Court is such a hot issue.  Just like back in Y2K, the SCOTUS will eventually have to rule on the election results, and everybody knows it.  

Democrat "Plan B" is to delay the election results & prevent the electoral college from finalizing their ballots before the deadline of December 14th and/or prevent there being any majority for Trump when Congress formally meets in January 6th.  Either of these could trigger a 12th amendment constitutional crisis and allow the House of representatives (Pelosi) to chose the President. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Don't believe the propaganda. Joe is the one to contest Donnie's win.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

He announces that the US is a failed democracy and elections no longer should be trusted or held, then just changes his name to Putin

• 1 month ago

Trump will attempt to declare himself the victor on election night and move to invalidate ballots that haven't been counted yet, thus prematurely ending the election. Get ready for the impending constitutional crisis 😎.

• 1 month ago

Martial law is an option, with military patrolling the streets, taking over the government at federal, state and local levels.  The "Commander In Chief" of all branches of the armed forces has much power.

Another option is to contest accuracy of counts in close results in some states.  If tRump needs just a few electoral votes to get to 270 (a tie) or more (a win), he could ask the courts to order recounts.  That happened 20 years ago on Bush vs Gore.  It was settled by the US Supreme Court which suspended recounts in Florida in December 2000.  That gave Bush his first win.  Guess who runs the Supreme Court now.  Same as in 2000.

If tRump gets only 270 to tie Biden, then the Senate will decide.  And guess who runs that.  The VP and the conservatives.

More difficult would be to bribe the electors to ignore state votes and change which candidate would get the electoral votes.  But all the electors in 48 of 50 states would have to be bribed to go along.  Only Nebraska and Maine have separated electors possible. 

The ultimate option is for tRump to cower in the bunker below his office and dare anyone to come get him after next January 21. 

• 1 month ago

Go to court and get all the fraudulent Biden votes disqualified.

• Sam
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

He doesn't.....................

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.