Women in the midwest seem not to be able to nail fitness as well as west/east coast warm states. Why? Is it just okay to be big there?

Like different standards of beauty so its not an issue

I'm from the south and in my opinion, southern women are the most attractive, better personalities. West coast women such as California are attractive but their personalities are shallow. In the Midwest, the women aren't into weight and fitness or into "prettying up". But, that's my opinion 

The midwest is cold in the winters and a lot of the people there come from study farming stock. Their preferred food choices tend to be more hearty and carb laden, and yes, the 'Hot in Cleveland' phenomenon is real. 

I can't agree on the fitness aspect. The gyms, hiking trails, and classes are just as busy here.

What I see is that women in the Midwest do not starve themselves to the level the Coastal women feel they must. Very few adults who ate normally would wear a size 2 or 4, but there's huge social pressure to be somewhat underweight in order to be considered attractive.

In the Midwest there is a greater social acceptability of being somewhat overweight, and it's not a sin to wear a size 16 if you look good in it. Part of it is entirely societal, with different standards of beauty and different notions of fashion, and part of it is who the people who settled the area were: lots and lots of Germans (near 30%) and Poles, where a stocky and muscular build is not unusual, and comparatively few of the people who are typically smaller-boned and tend toward leanness.

About a year ago I moved from the Northeast to the Midwest. And it's great that I've gone from feeling like I'm huge to feeling just fine about my body. Yeah, it'd be good to lose a few pounds, but I'm also fine if I don't.