What's the size of that shower head socket?

I have a rain fall shower head. The water inlet is actually a brass ball joint which allows the head to be adjusted to fit different angles, etc. The first inlet (where the ball joint attaches to the house plumbing) is 1/2 NPT, but what size is the connector on the SHOWER HEAD side? (basically: the OUTLET of the ball joint?)

Reason: I want to replace this ball joint with a 90 degree angle adapter which will allow me greater head-room in my shower, which is already cramped, and a top-side inlet isn't doing me any favors.

Attachment image

3 Answers

  • 1 month ago

    You don't use a socket. You use a wrench.

    MOST people use a pipe wrench that adjusts to the size of the pipe an doesn't require knowing the actual size, which is RARELY a standard wrench size.

  • 1 month ago

    ask maker via its support pages.  maybe they have the replacement part you need, too

  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

    pipes are measured from the inside dimension

    a 1/2’ galvanized pipe will be about 3/4” on the outside

    that fitting may be specific to that manufacturer but I would try 3/4” 

    the threads per inch may also vary 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.