Ese asked in Food & DrinkVegetarian & Vegan · 4 weeks ago

Vegans, what rice do y'all prefer to eat?

By the way is white rice a healthy choice to eat? I saw somewhere on the internet it's linked to obesity which I'm not sure if it's true. 

the Japanese sure think white rice is healthy and frankly on any count of illnesses andhow they effect various countries, Japan always ranks at the very low end of deaths by these illnesses...look it up..AND they eat a boatload of rice. Eating too much causes obesity..doesn't matter if its cookies, or rice or anything else.

Dude, "vegan" means someone that doesn't eat anything that comes from an animal.... rice doesn't come from an animal.

BTY, brown rice is healthier than white rice. But white rice is fine, it doesn't cause obesity. Overeating (especially fast foods) causes obesity.

White rice is absolutely fine to eat. It's not inherently unhealthy; just eat as part of a balanced diet. 

Brown basmati. Whole grains tend to be healthier than processed ones, but too much of almost anything, not least carbs, can be fattening. 

• Anton

I'm 80% Vegan, does that count?

Some people say rice increases obesity, some say it decreases obesity.

Truth?  What actually matters is the calories in and the calories out.

If you eat too much, you get fat.  If you exercise more, you get thinner.

Whatever, I don't care.  I like rice.  You are suppose to eat some starches, I go between pasta, potato, and rice depending on the recipe.  A 1/3 cup of dry rice is a single serving.

I got some Jasmine Rice, liked it, started buying in 20 or 25 pound bags.

Because of the pandemic the wife took over food buying and went and got a bag of Basmati rice instead.  I'll tell you in a month or so how I like it.

• JJ

White rice is okay to eat, because I've been eating it for my entire lifetime of 70 years.  I like brown rice and jasmine rice

Rice is good. I like all kind of rice but it should be organic since the ground is empty of elements and polluted today. 

am not a vegan but like to get healthy mixed pre cooked rice eg brown rice and quino