Mary Lou Priter asked in PetsDogs · 4 weeks ago

Could dogs read your mind?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

It depends. Usually they start with the palm, but my dog thought tea leaves were a good bet. They just work their way up. 

• 4 weeks ago

No but they do read your body language.  Dogs can be so conditioned to perform specifically under certain circumstances, so it would seem that they could read your mind.  Police dogs are a good example.  They have a certain way to do a building search & the do the same things over & over & over again & again.  Handler & dog are a team & at times it does seem like they can read your mind.  I trust a dogs impression of other people, they are great at that.

• reme_1
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Dogs know when something isn't right.

• Jojo
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

As said....Dogs can read a persons body language extremely well, and could in some circumstances predict what that person will do next, especially if its got a close bond with its owner.

My dog can usually read ME a lot easier and faster than I can read him.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Maxi
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

No, however they are very good at reading body langauge and micro body langauge much of which humans are unaware of giving

• 4 weeks ago

No - they 'read' your body language.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Try looking at them straight in the eye, then think about your question

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

they can probably read your body language

• 4 weeks ago

No though many dogs are capable of very accurate anticipation .

Also dogs read  body language extraordinary well .

Dogs communicate with body language.

Mores to the pity though, that the majority dog owners have little grasp of it  with regard to their their dogs sadly .

Attachment image
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Yes, they can.         

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.