Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 1 month ago

Is boot camp torture?

I have watched videos of boot camp and it looks like torture. 

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

It is, i have no idea why it even exists in the first place if humans are born to seek pleasure. there's no pleasure of having bald white guys in smokey the bear hats screaming at you almost 24/7

• 1 month ago

The purpose of Boot Camp is to give basic military training to recruits and to weed out and remove those who should not be there.  In other words, those recruits who are not suited for the military life.  It's better to identify them at boot camp rather than spend money training them only to watch them crash and burn a year later.  

Listen, if you can't learn to manage the easy stuff like parade ground drill, making your bed and wearing your uniform properly then you can't expect to be allowed to drive a tank, maintain & repair fighter jets or even carry a loaded weapon.  If you can't deal with an instructor yelling at you then you can't be trusted to deal with the chaos of real combat where your life and the lives of others may depend on your actions.  If you can't achieve the physical requirements then you should not be there.  

Boot Camp / Basic Training is a game.  

• 1 month ago

Boot camp is easy I did 12 weeks at RAF boot camp easy

I did 12 weeks RAAF boot camp even easier

No one Shouts at you in the Air Force

• 1 month ago

yes, like 10 weeks of it.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Think of it, as a fun camp.........where you get to do fun He-Man stuff. 

• 1 month ago

Then, stay home and have your mommy brings you warm milk and tugs you into bed.  

• 1 month ago

boot is boring, the first week is weird, because everything is new

after that, its the same thing almost everyday

• 1 month ago

If you are ill-prepared for physical exercise it will be difficult .

• 1 month ago

stay home and leave the military to the big boys.  it is the way it is because it works to produce soldiers.  the military is not day care for adults

• Then don't go there.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.