Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 month ago

I've just got the job of managing an entire hospital - my job is to see an upturn in efficiency by 30% ?

what I've proposed is less usage of electrical appliances which are not needed as well as reducing the number of lighting panels in some floors of our hospital to even closing down certain rooms in wards that are no longer used,  already im saving $$$  for the hospital.

Also to ensure I hit that 30%,  I've decided that anybody who is suffering unnecessarily in their final days should not be made to do so,   therefore switching off their life support machines will allow them a peaceful transition.  More importantly,  its Eco-friendly, saves on our bills and allows us to increase our salaries overall.

our focus is on exemplary world class patient health care and making the lives of our staff as comfortable and stress free as possible.  work is about being rewarded financially and I will do what i must to ensure myself and all members of this hospital have their salaries bumped up considerably.

would you do anything else other than what I am proposing ?

I would fire you, saving the cost of your salary. "Pulling the plug" is not your prerogative.

no, i think youre already doing enough

I think it's clear you're a school student who's been given an ethical problem to debate.

It would have been more honest of you to SAY SO than to pretend - so unsuccessfully! - to be what you so obviously are not.

If you're really a "manager" at a hospital, you won't be keeping this job for long. You should know that it's not up to you to decide who is "suffering unnecessarily" and when it's time to "turn off their life support machines."  You also can't reduce the number of lighting panels that are clearly necessary for doctors, nurses and other ancillary services to function.  Closing rooms decreasing the number of patients and therefore, loss of income.  Who determines what "electrical appliances" are not needed?  You?  That's laughable.

Nice try.

The decision that you have the power to determine when other human beings need be terminated for better fiscal remuneration to employees and bottom line is scary.  We live to serve you. 

Something tells me this scenario is entirely fictional.

I seriously doubt anyone who manages a hospital has time to spend on ANY SITE other than Business Management, Financial Success and Logistics courses.