Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceOther - Business & Finance · 4 weeks ago

What happens when you travel to a state on the quarantine list?

From NY state.. my friend bought me & her tickets to tour the Trans Allegheny Lunatic Asylum in West Virginia for Oct. 2nd. We just found out today that WV is on the quarantine list and our tickets were $100 each non-refundable... we both get tested every week at our job and were informed today by our job (only because we told them where we were going) that by traveling there, we would have to quarantine for 2 weeks with no pay even if we got a test done and it’s negative... would they really be able to find out if we go?? The fine is crazy so I’m worried about risking it but we’ve been looking forward to this for over a month now and we cannot get our money back 😕 has anyone traveled to a quarantine state and got away with going back to work without them knowing..? We’d get tested as soon as we’re back for sure, but can they really tell who quarantines or not..?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Eva
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Your job knows you asked and will probably go.  They have every right to require you to quarantine for 2 weeks when you come back. Testing as soon as you get back is worthless. The incubation period can be as long as 14 days which is why the quarantine lasts that long. You'd feel terrible if you spread it to your co-workers. Booking any travel out of NY state is risky right now. WV has been on the quarantine list for several weeks.

• John
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

"... would they really be able to find out if we go??"

Why not rob a convenience store while you're at it?  You're a disgusting person who doesn't care about spreading a dangerous disease, so you might as well break other laws, too.  

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Do a google search

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.