Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentGovernment · 1 month ago

What do I do if I'm 25 and finally going to make it on my own but my Mom lost my birth certificate and social security card?

I've looked everywhere imaginable for them...

You get replacements.  You get a copy of your birth certificate from the local government of the place where you were born and another social security card from the social security administration.

• Judith

You apply for a replacement SS card at sss.gov OR you download the application (SS-5), follow instructions and mail it in and you write or contact your county clerk's office of the county of your birth or the state vital records office for the state of your birth.  Info on both online in regards to costs and ID needed.

You'd contact the county archives of the place where you were born for a copy of your birth certificate and you'd contact the Social Security Administration to get a copy of your SS card.