Matt
Matt asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 month ago

If Donald Trump thought he was going to win the election, would he be talking about throwing out ballots & refusing to accept the result?

Would he still be attacking the mail-in ballot system and would he still be desperate to fill RBG’s seat so the Supreme Court will rule in his favor on the election if he actually thought he was going to win a free and fair election?

@No Bozos: “The F.B.I. has not seen evidence of a “coordinated national voter fraud effort,” its director, Christopher A. Wray, told lawmakers on Thursday, undercutting President Trump’s efforts to stoke fears about mail-in ballots by claiming without evidence that they are an election threat.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/24/us/politics/fbi...

Of course not. 

In general, people who can win things legitimately don't resort to underhanded tricks or working the refs.  (There are exceptions.  Nixon engaged in dirty tricks with Watergate even though he was destroying Democrat George McGovern in the polls).  There's an old saying in the legal field "If you've got the facts on your side, pound the facts.  If you've got the law on your side, pound the law.  If you've got neither, pound the table."  In politics the same logic applies.  The people who try to cast doubt on an election are usually the ones who think that they can't win it legitimately.  If Trump's people really thought that he was super popular and cruising to a landslide victory then they'd be pushing for everyone in America to vote.  The reason that they don't want people to vote, and why they're casting doubt on the outcome, is that they expect that most people will vote against Trump.

• Archer

Donald Trump is not the one I worry about. He isn't a Democrat who is so fixated on gaining power that they would waist the real talent in their party and present two losers to Americans to vote on.

Here's the problem with mail-in ballots. Ready? The problem is that there is NO WAY to check to make sure someone didn't mail in a ballot and then showed up at a polling place to vote again. Checking MILLIONS of ballots would take YEARS.

That's what Trump is concerned about.

Let me ask you this. How would you like to find out that EVERY SINGLE REPUBLICAN in this country did exactly what I just described to you?

------------------

Update: FBI evidence? Are you high? If I can think of it, off the top of my head, someone else can figure it out too. Don't be so naive.