how deep is the water supposed to be in washer Maytag MVWX655DW1?

I got a washer that was not new. It is a high efficiency. I know that it uses water amount proportional to the weight of clothing. I called Mytag and they do not know what is the relationship. What I want to know: for 5lb laundry X inch of water, for 10lb laundry Y inch of water. The reason why I am concerned is bc the machine puts almost no water after 20 min. Also after 20 min bunch of clothes on top of the pile are dry. Anyone has an idea how many inches of water during the wash cycle it should have? And or what is the relationship between the weight and the inches of water. -thanks

• Edwena

The high efficiency washer uses a lot less water than you think, and with the Tide pod soap, a lot colder water than you think.  Run a test.  Use the machine and see if the clothes wash good.  If they do, and you are happy, then the machine is working right.  We have an LG high efficiency and they are are whole new generation in clothes washing and drying.   Not like old washers.   And a long ways from a Maytag agitator washer with a wringer.  Generally, the machine will use just enough water to cover the clothes.  

• Barry

My question is does your machine wash clothes effectively? All machines have a device that controls the water level. As the tub fills, the switch cuts off the water flow when the water level inside the tub correlates with the setting for a large, regular, or small load. The switch then signals the motor to begin agitating.