Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 4 weeks ago

Will the 10pm pub closure increase the spread of the virus ?

Rather than people going home in small, staggered groups, everyone just poured onto the streets and used public transport at same time! 

17 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

You need to apply your self-determination to keep the social distance.

• 3 weeks ago

@They keep killing Suzie

Hi Dianne. Gave you a T/U but, pubs aren't liberal institutions.They are historic and their function is purely social/Hospitable.Therefore pubs will attract large gatherings and in such environments, virus transmissions thrive.

So, as you say "remove the pump handle" and the disease will die.

There's a stronger case for saying as you do because it's easer to assembly 500 people until 10:00 than it is, to assemble 500 people until 7:00; in-fact, it's probably neigh on impossible.

15 minutes is the infection time frame within a closed area. So closing at 10:00 or 11:00 will make no difference, but it sends a signal to the public,that the government is trying to combat C-19 but, only half heartedly. So Wetherspoons and the brewers win.

As for your Goose-step moral code, on that we don't agree.

• 3 weeks ago

Herein lies a very literal need for analytics - and the funky part is that that sort of behavior isn't even deliberate - but more of a trend. 

As this world winds down to a close I think the reason everyone is confused is because the government is acting like the virus can be corralled and that they have some legit info on it - and so some rebel, subconsciously seeing through that - going in the complete opposite direction by spreading the thing with reckless abandon.

Neither approach will stop the inevitable, but one will delay it if it were taken seriously i.e. not insisting that the world will ever again be the way it was. 

• 4 weeks ago

I was very surprised about the hour mentioned as I was never aware that we only could catch the virus after 10:00 PM.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

The threat of coronavirus is greatly exaggerated.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Yes they will come out of the pubs and go to other people's houses to finish boozing. It's a very clever virus to be able to tell the time!!!.

• JASON
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

They just said less than 20% of those who should isolate are isolating, so it'll make no difference other than to slowly kill the UK economy.

• Jas B
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Well as previously everyone poured into the streets at 11pm, the time the majority of pubs shut, I fail to see how this measure will increase the spread of the virus.

• Pubs should be closed at 7pm at all times to curb the yob culture and instil discipline into society.  Liberal attitudes have become too relaxed and we need to stop this decadence right now. 

This pandemic provides the perfect opportunity to set a moral code for youngsters to follow. 

• 4 weeks ago

Yes, but that happens anyway, before these restrictions, many people addicted to Pub Culture often left at 11 pm or shortly after, so there is no change.  British people seem incapable of donning a few pints and leaving in an orderly fashion, they over drink, vomit on the pavement, drive whilst drunk or sing loudly, all the way home and pee in the street.

I've visited many European countries, where the majority of Pub goers, never get bladdered, never vomit and never urinate in public.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.